Monday, January 20, 2014

MIDI>CV Converter

I've seen a couple of DIY MIDI-to-CV converters but I wanted to make a more simplified one for my rack. At first it seemed like a daunting task but it was really quite easy.


  • MIDI channels 1 and 2: CV, Gate, Mod Wheel, and Aftertouch
  • Mono/Poly switch: Changes the second channel to a second output for channel 1.
  • Retrig/Legato switch
  • Clock Out: Right now it runs at 16th-note divisions from the MIDI clock and only outputs when it receives a Song Start message from the DAW. I might change this later but it works for me now.
  • Reset Output: Sends a pulse everytime a Song Position Pointer message is received. Works great with the sequencer I made.
  • Pitchbend: CV outs; -/+2 semitones


The MIDI jack in this pic is connected to the case I made.


I'll post some videos of this (and the sequencer) in action when I can get around to it...and can get a better camera than my phone.



No comments:

Post a Comment